Find Your Opportunity
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS AND FINANCE
Lee, MA 01238 US
The Director of Finance and Business plays a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership in strategic decision making and operations as they continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and business leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
Financial Management Duties:
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for development segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors per direction of the ED and CEO; assess and recommend any changes necessary in a timely manner.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the CEO, finance committee and ultimately board of directors (in that order.)
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and
- Maintaining all tax and business compliance and certifications.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales
- Minimum of a BA, ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree
- At least 7 to 10 years of overall professional experience; ideally six-plus years of broad financial and operations management experience
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- A track record in grants or programs budget management
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources & benefits
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
Meet Your Recruiter
Since being with MOLARI, I have been encouraged and given opportunities to grow in many ways, starting in Reception and moving into the role of Recruiter, I’ve always been given opportunities to develop new skills and join groups focused on building leadership skills, both personally and within the community. Working for a company that has such strong values and ties to its community helps me be involved and engaged with what people want and need in our area. This level of involvement really helps me connect with our applicant community and our clients. It allows me to help build a bridge between our employers and candidates.
Liz recruits and screens applicants; once hired, she orients new employees. Liz works closely with Employment Services team members to place the right MOLARI employees with clients throughout the Berkshires.