Find Your Opportunity
Pittsfield, MA 01201 US
Responsibilities will grow over time as skills advance. Initial responsibilities would involve field visits that save electricity and ordering new and more efficient appliances for clients. At the same time, these visits identify insulation needs and heating equipment needs. Eventually, responsibilities might include any of the following:
- Working with homeowners, tenants, and contractors to determine specific quantities of insulation, air sealing, ventilation, and health and safety measures that improve the home.
- Performing blower door tests, combustion safety tests of heating equipment, and insuring that the building meets current ASHRAE standards
- Informing the homeowner about the insulation process and providing additional educational materials.
- Scheduling appointments with clients
- Working with various data bases to provide a detailed work order for the contractor
- Working with contractors while insulation is being installed.
- Performing quality control inspections and working with contractors if corrections need to be made.
- Be sensitive to the needs of our income eligible clients and committed to their confidentiality.
- Accurate reporting and detailed record keeping of site visits.
- Able to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Frequent phone communications, public contact, and working with others. Must be able to follow detailed instructions and adapt to frequent changes.
- Frequent evaluating, analyzing, and presenting information. Perform complex or varied tasks.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Occasional driving, walking, walking on wet, uneven, slippery surfaces.
- Frequent climbing, standing, bending, twisting, crawling, reaching above and below shoulder height, and grasping with one or both hands. Some work in dusty, cramped environments. Some exposure to fumes, odors, as well as hot and cold temperatures.
- Minimum of a high school/GED diploma. BPI certification and knowledge of heating systems preferred. Must be able to obtain state energy auditor certifications.
- Strong computer skills required, including working with data bases
- Prior knowledge of building sciences, home construction, and building performance practices.
- Excellent English communication skills - written and verbal - bilingual a plus.
- Must adapt and change responsibilities as needed by the agency.
- Must pass a CORI check.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record
- Must have access to a dependable vehicle with room for materials to be safely transported
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Staffing Manager
Like many of the applicants I work with on a daily basis, I came to MOLARI looking for the same answers. I was fortunate enough to be given an opportunity to work as a temp in the office. I was encouraged to ask questions, given freedom to develop my own ideas and had the opportunity to learn new skills. My temporary assignment turned into a permanent position, with more opportunity for growth. I feel like my story with MOLARI is the perfect example of how EVERYONE who comes through its doors is valued. I truly understand the importance of helping people find their way and figuring out what they’re good at. Being given opportunities to grow throughout my time here has made me passionate about doing the same for members in our community. MOLARI took a chance on me and I love being able to pay it forward.
Nicole helps connect the unique and talented candidates coming to MOLARI with businesses in Berkshire County. She has learned how to get to the heart of what a company needs in an employee and helps applicants find strengths they didn’t even know that they had.