Find the one that is right for you.
Find Your Opportunity
Pittsfield, MA 01201 US
Managing/Monitoring Waiting Lists
- Responsible for the maintenance of waiting lists for all rental assistance programs. This includes explaining waiting list procedures to those that inquire, entering all new applications, selecting applicants for participation, regularly updating the applicant’s status, determining preliminary eligibility, providing reports, and exporting files as needed.
- Responsible for explaining program eligibility requirements, obtaining required signatures, income and asset verifications, CORI requests, preference documentation, citizenship verification and all other regulatory and procedural information. Must make final determinations of applicant’s eligibility.
- Conduct group or individual briefing sessions in accordance with DHCD, HUD and BHDC regulations and policies for those determined eligible for rental assistance. Enter family information in required software program (MRI)
- Voucher Monitoring
- Responsible for the tracking and monitoring of all applicants who have been issued subsidies and are in the process of conducting their housing search. Follow up with applicants as to their housing search progress. Track the expiration dates of all vouchers and notify applicants in writing at least 30 days prior to the expiration date. Become familiar with the private market vacancies and make referrals to those needing assistance with their housing search. Review for completeness all Requests for Tenancy Approvals and forward for inspection scheduling.
- Send proper denial notice to those determined ineligible.
- Schedule annual, biennial, and initial inspections meeting regulatory deadlines determined by DHCD and HUD.
- Send inspection appointment notification letters to tenants and landlords.
- Process completed inspections.
- Distribute applications and information to agencies and owners that may have contact with eligible applicants.
• High school/vocational diploma
• Associate degree preferred
• Lived experience
• Bi-lingual (Spanish) Required
Required Skills or Abilities:
• Customer Service orientated
• Excellent verbal/written communication
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Sensitive to the needs of the homeless, low income and diverse populations
• Stationary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
• The team member is required to have close visual acuity to view and work on a desk computer/laptop/iPad.
• Use of office equipment (phone, fax machine, copy machine, postage machine)
• Must have the ability to walk short distances.
Meet Your Recruiter
Since being with MOLARI, I have been encouraged and given opportunities to grow in many ways, starting in Reception and moving into the role of Recruiter, I’ve always been given opportunities to develop new skills and join groups focused on building leadership skills, both personally and within the community. Working for a company that has such strong values and ties to its community helps me be involved and engaged with what people want and need in our area. This level of involvement really helps me connect with our applicant community and our clients. It allows me to help build a bridge between our employers and candidates.
Liz recruits and screens applicants; once hired, she orients new employees. Liz works closely with Employment Services team members to place the right MOLARI employees with clients throughout the Berkshires.