Find Your Opportunity
PCA Skills Trainer
Pittsfield, MA 01201 US
- Works with the Assistant Program Manager in determining basic eligibility for the MassHealth PCA Program.
- Serves as a liaison for the consumer while going through the assessment, evaluation and approval process.
- Advocates for consumers. The Skills Trainer advocates for consumers on issues affecting their PCA program and their achievement of greater independence. When appropriate, refers the consumer to an Independent Living Peer Counselor for referral information or services.
- Conducts and documents assessments of the Consumer’s ability to manage PCA services in accordance with contract requirements.
- Provides “functional skills training” to PCA consumers and/or surrogate on how to manage an effective program of personal care services. This includes training consumers on how to meet their Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL’s); how to be an employer; advertising and hiring of PCA’s; the “Rewarding Work” web site; management of PCA payroll and the paperwork involved; and generally how to manage their daily personal care program.
- With the consumer and/or surrogate, develops and documents a written service agreement in accordance with contract requirements and established forms. This service agreement will include 1) A detailed description of the responsibilities of the PCA, the fiscal intermediary, the consumer, the surrogate, and the personal care agency; 2) If needed, surrogate information including a detailed description of the surrogate’s responsibilities and the expected frequency of the surrogate’s visits to the consumer; 3) A list of PCA’s available in an emergency; and 5) The type and frequency of functional skills training to be provided by the organization.
- Maintains a good working relationship with organization's selected fiscal intermediary (FI) – Tempus. This includes resolving consumer complaints and troubleshooting issues with the FI.
- Performs all required data entry and documentation as required by the PCM Program contract and time-lines.
- Attends trainings, meetings, and conferences as required.
- Performs duties as assigned by the Program Manager or Executive Director.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Staffing Manager
Like many of the applicants I work with on a daily basis, I came to MOLARI looking for the same answers. I was fortunate enough to be given an opportunity to work as a temp in the office. I was encouraged to ask questions, given freedom to develop my own ideas and had the opportunity to learn new skills. My temporary assignment turned into a permanent position, with more opportunity for growth. I feel like my story with MOLARI is the perfect example of how EVERYONE who comes through its doors is valued. I truly understand the importance of helping people find their way and figuring out what they’re good at. Being given opportunities to grow throughout my time here has made me passionate about doing the same for members in our community. MOLARI took a chance on me and I love being able to pay it forward.
Nicole helps connect the unique and talented candidates coming to MOLARI with businesses in Berkshire County. She has learned how to get to the heart of what a company needs in an employee and helps applicants find strengths they didn’t even know that they had.