Find the one that is right for you.
Find Your Opportunity
MOLARI Employment and HealthCare Services https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/62967/logos/molari-logo-social-media.png http://www.molariinc.com http://www.molariinc.com USD 55000 YEAR true
PRE-PRESS GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Pittsfield, MA 01201 US
Posted: 03/23/2023 2023-03-23 2023-04-22 Job Category: GRAPHIC ARTIST Job Number: 345590 Pay Rate: $55,000 / Annually
Great Direct Hire opportunity for an experienced Pre-Press Graphic Designer! Pay to 55K. The Pre-Press Graphic Designer is responsible for the design work, pre-flight and pre-press functions in the art department. Responsibilities include conventional and electronic design work, including conception of the project, creating artwork and illustrations, selecting typefaces, color palettes, etc. Creative design of artwork and/or illustration for all internal and external design in preparation for Pre-Press.
Pre-Press work includes creating complex electronic files, proofs and film according to the company specifications and quality criteria. Extensive knowledge of all prep equipment; ability to produce and accurately interpret color corrections; understand color management; accurately composite multiple pages images in image editing software.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare/Layout artwork for required internal and external business needs in PC and Mac Environments.
- Evaluate Artwork and discuss with production personnel to determine the appropriate methods of Proofing and Printing the final product.
- Compose Artwork.
- Complete technical understanding of UV Lithography, Flexography, and a basic understanding of Finishing.
- Ability to understand and interpret all Digital Files, perform and recommend color compensation as deemed necessary by the final print process.
- Proof Generation, either Electronic or Analog, the ability to send proofs in all formats.
- Schedule Artwork Composition
- Co-ordinate activities with Pre-Press to ensure Customer expectations are met.
- Track Artwork Status
- Artwork Modifications
- Communicate and Emphasize care in areas where customer deems critical.
- Support Swat Team with Creative Composition.
- Maintain integrity of Artwork Files.
- Ripping files produced from static and variable data files using digital print equipment including Indigo digital press and large format inkjet printer.
- Digitally manipulating color calibration set-up to meet expectations for color target.
- Reviewing all proofs and final product samples produced on digital equipment before releasing to internal or external customers.
- Conduct regular and special maintenance on equipment to achieve maximum machine performance based on equipment specifications and acquired knowledge of machine operations. Record maintenance and service calls in maintenance log book as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years’ experience and/or training with computers and print production (litho or prepress); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to establish identity and US work authorized.
- Must be willing to learn and apply new software programs. Must have working knowledge and understanding of color theory, imposition and printing.
- Should be able to troubleshoot problems and recommend solutions. Must possess a mechanical aptitude and dexterity
- Must be organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with the ability to multi-task and follow instructions.